Saturday 13 May 2017

Sacrilege?



Quite possibly but it is also very very good.

As you may be aware I hold the Velvet Underground in quite high esteem. I also quite like a bit of Christina Aguilera now and again but the prospect of the two of them mashed together made me baulk a bit and I thought to myself that's just plain wrong when some one on my Twitter timeline last night posted this. But it is a work of sheer genius splicing together The Velvet's Rock and Roll with What A Girl Wants and then the added wee twist of a bit of the Communards in the fade out.

Go Home Productions - Girl Wants (To Say Goodbye)

10 comments:

George said...

This is very very good. Some of these combinations work really well.

Jake Sniper said...

Yeah Go Home Productions do some great mash-ups 'smells like rockin' robin' is one of my favourites.

Swiss Adam said...

Good work from Mr Vidler.

Echorich said...

Go Home Productions is right on the money more often than not. And with Rock & Roll being quite possibly The Velvet's most accessible moment, it sort of begs for being sampled. I also recomnend Shannon Stone that mashes up The Stone's Gimme Shelter with Let The Music Play by 80's Disco Diva Shannon and a smattering of Jim Morrison to open. I sort of hate myself for liking their mash up of The Killing Moon with White Stripes Seven Nation Army...

Brian said...

Football results are in. You have my sympathies. Sounds like a real heartbreaker.

Anonymous said...

Mr Vidler is Gooner but genius

drew said...

Yes Brian the dream is over until next year, hopefully but you can never tell what will happen we may god forbid be scrapping at the bottom of the division.

JC said...

Don't talk to me about heartbreaking moments in football.....

At least I'm free now next weekend.

Brian said...

JC, I saw you suffered a similar fate. Sorry.

Jez said...

Mash-ups, when they work, really work. This is one of them. Top stuff.