Monday 24 July 2017

Scandi Soul, Anyone?




The 45, and I'm not talking about the Scottish Independence Referendum from a few years ago here, is the lead track from the 10" ep by D/Troit released back in 2015. It is a cracking bit of soul from Copenhagen and an ode to the 7" single. I know that soul music isn't confined to the States and can and should be made everywhere but I am still surprised that something of the quality of all 6 tracks on this ep should come from the label that originally brought us The Raveonettes an act that I naturally associate with Denmark. D/troit have a new single Soul Sound System which was released a few weeks and a whole album due for release very soon and one which will most definitely be spinning on my turntable before too long.

D/Troit - The 45 


No comments: