Wednesday 30 August 2017

Enjoy This Trip



When I was thirteen/fourteen the older hippy types that I hung about with quite a bit introduced me to a lot of things that I would not have heard anywhere else at that time, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Love and loads of late 60s stuff on Jac Holzman's Elektra label and the like. Don't get me wrong a lot of it was pure pish but some of it, the wigouts with loads of feedback and noise I especially liked those (I nearly added a "man") in there. All of this subtle brainwashing has left me with a bit of a susceptibility for tunes that go that little bit "further". So when someone a few years ago pointed me in the direction of Richard Norris'  The Time and Space Machine project it was a stick-on that I would get into these edits of obscure 60s psychedelic tunes. Of the three volumes released on 5D, I think that volume 2 is the one I return to most and especially this edit of Through With You by The Lemon Pipers.

The Time And Space Machine - Through (Your Mind)

4 comments:

Charity Chic said...

That picture is playing havoc with my eyes!

Swiss Adam said...

Mine too.

Echorich said...

I love those Time And Space Machine edits! Now excuse me while I go play Forever Changes, the best album of 1967...

drew said...

Forever Changes is the tops Echorich